Litegait walking/standing therapy – regain your ability to stand and walk or improve your balance!
What is Litegait?
Litegait walking therapy offers the opportunity to stand and walk again safely to many people who might otherwise be confined to a wheelchair or their home. The mobile harness system is fully adjustable to offer as much or as little support as needed. This allows people with minimal ability to weight bear or with minimal lower limb strength, the opportunity to stand/walk and the physio to help with the movement, knowing that the client is safe and supported. Access to such therapy is often unavailable in the community due to the need for extra staff members for safety. Litegait means this therapy is now available at Sense Ability Therapy at an affordable price. See just some of the benefits below.
- By means of a fully adjustable harness, the user can be safely stood with their weight supported and practice walking with as much or as little assistance as needed.
- Balance can be practiced and regained without the fear of falling or injury.
- Complications of immobility can be reduced and avoided.
- Confidence/ability in walking and standing can be regained.
- Offers the potential for improved transfers and mobility, reducing carer burden and improving quality of life.
- Opportunity to maintain exercise tolerance and cardiac function
- Early regaining of function in people with temporary weight bearing restrictions
- Programmes individually set up and monitored by a qualified, experienced physiotherapist, with hands on assistance where needed
Who is Litegait suitable for?
- Spinal cord injury
- Cerebral Vascular Accident (Stroke)
- Head Injury
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinsons Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Lower extremity joint pain
- Amputee rehab
- Balance/posture training sitting/standing
- Gait re-education/falls prevention
- Vestibular Therapy
- People with weight bearing limitations
For further information please see: http://litegait.com/content/protocols
Litegait is on trial with Sense Ability Therapy for the next three months, so hurry to grab your chance to experience the benefits!
Or contact Sense Ability Therapy 07775 844839 email firstname.lastname@example.org